Former Answer/Drive BMX employee Erik Engstrom has been quietly working on a new brand, and they just got their first product in--a sub-five pound frame called EYE Q. Here are the specs and photos… Be on the lookout for more products and promotions from Eye Bikes coming soon.
EYE Q frame, made in Los Angeles from heat-treated 4130.
– 20.5″, 21″, and 21.25″ top tube lengths.
– 13.5-14″ chainstay length.
– 74.5 Head tube angle on the 21″ (75 on the 21.25″).
– 71 Seat tube angle.
– 11.5″ Bottom bracket height.
– 25.4 Seat post (Animal Post included, and recommended). You have to run a wedge style post with this frame. (Animal, Stolen, etc…)
– 14mm CNC’d drops.
– All brake studs, tabs, and gyro tabs are removable, for a clean brakeless look.
– .035 – .049 tubing throughout, with a few butted areas where it is needed.
– 21.25″ is 4lb 9oz. Obviously the smaller sizes are just under that weight…
Team introductions and edits will be dropping soon!
(Team riders: Louie Zaragoza, Eric Hough, Chris Bracamonte, Aaron Day, Tazz Hernandez, and Erik Engstrom.)