There is a good chance you already know how to cut and use a stencil, but if you aren’t sure, here is a quick guide.
– Download the stencil file and print it. There are two sizes available (9.5″ – on 8.5″ x 11″ standard size paper, and 14.5″ – on 11″ x 17″ tabloid size paper).
– DOWNLOAD THE 14.5″ STENCIL HERE
– DOWNLOAD THE 9.5″ STENCILE HERE
– If possible, print the file on cardstock. The thicker the paper, the more durable your stencil will be.
– Use a sharp hobby knife to cut the stencil out, using the doted lines as a guide. (Be careful when cutting. Cut away from your body to avoid accidents.)
– Place cut stencil on surface of your choice (example: a ramp, a binder or notebook, your bike, etc.) and use spray paint to paint your stencil onto the surface. You’ll want to spray the paint straightforward avoiding side-to-side motions. Several straight on, quick bursts of paint work best. This helps prevent overspray from getting under the stencil and allows the letters to stay separated better.
– Carefully pull the stencil straight up from the surface to avoid smearing any wet paint.
– Stand back and be proud of your work. You earned it!